Thursday 17 January 2013

Punic Wars - Numidian Horsemen


The first unit of the year is finished, a unit of Numidian Horsemen for my Punic Wars project.


This was also my first entry into Curt's Analogue Painting Challenge.  I was getting really fed up of seeing my name with no points next to it, so I picked a unit I could get painted in a couple session to get something on the board.


10mm figures from Pendraken, they're a nice little sculpt, like most of their range.  However, if you're going to make two poses, how much extra effort is it to make a third sculpt?  Not sure if there are too many figures per base, but I want the two armies to have lots of boots on the ground - hopefully they still look like light cavalry considering how disordered they look.

5 comments:

  1. Nice looking unit Vladdd. Not sure how I missed them over on Curt's blog.

    The bases don't look too cramped, although the one with just 3 figures looks slightly better to my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work! Glad to see some points on the board!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice looking Numidians!
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments guys!

    Tamsin, there were 15 figures in the pack and I decided to use them all. From a distance, the three figure base does look better.

    ReplyDelete