Monday 6 August 2012

Cheerio Venexia, Hello Sgt Major Miniatures

Venexia have put up concrete evidence that they've closed up and, more significantly, that they've sold their range to US company Sgt Major Miniatures.

Production looks likely to resume by the end of the year (they say August, but pinch of salt and all that,) but it's too soon to hear about any distribution channels.  SGMM's range of 20mm figs are available in the UK from Elheim Miniatures, so hopefully they, or distributor Vexillia will pick the range up.

My Italian Wars project ground to a complete halt when I couldn't finish the units I'd started.  I'm looking forward to getting them back on the painting table.

4 comments:

  1. Knightmare situation. Hope it works out for you, i am guessing not to soon to start bombarding the supplyer with questions?

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully, I could easily switch to another figure range, I just don't want to.

      Delete
  2. Good to here that the range will still live on, hopefully like you said they'll still be available in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering the way the financial world has been the last few years, I think we've been very fortunate considering the tiny number of suppliers who have stopped trading.

      Delete